It’s Saturday. You need to make a delicious dessert for the weekend, be it to wow your in-laws, to butter up your significant other, or to eat in copious amounts on your own, straight from the bowl, while you watch Friends re-runs- (will Rachel and Ross ever make it work?! It gets me every time.).
So you need to make that dessert? If you still have time after my ramblings, then I have the perfect dessert for you! This dessert is the perfect mix of chocolate and chocolate, with a hint of more chocolate, topped off with a dollop of cool whip. Yes, cool whip. If you are one of those who are anti-cool whip, I apologize. In fact, if you are anti-package… then this recipe definitely isn’t up your alley. But when I said this is a quick delicious recipe, I meant it. However, if you are morally opposed, I will be forever impressed if you hand-make everything. However, you will then need to erase my promise of an easy dessert ;).
Have a great weekend!
- 1 package brownie mix, prepared and cooled.
- 1 package chocolate mousse, prepared
- 1 package chocolate pudding, prepared
- 1/2 cup Skor toffee bits, divided
- 1L Cool Whip, whipped topping
- Prepare brownie mix, and let cool. Once cool, crumble and set aside.
- Prepare chocolate mousse and chocolate pudding.
- In dish of your choice (Trifle dish works great, or make individual servings in fancy glasses for a special touch), layer in the following order:
- Half of crumbled brownies
- Chocolate pudding
- Half of Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup Skor toffee bits
- Second half of crumbled brownies
- Chocolate Mousse
- Second half of Cool Whip
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Skor bits.
If possible, (if you can resist that long), let the trifle sit for at least a day, in order for the brownies to fully soften and the flavours and textures to really blend.