You guys, this is the 800th post I have posted on this blog. That is craaaay-zeee! It’s definitely possible that this hasn’t been the #1 best use of my spare time over the past 7+ (!!) years, but time flies when you’re having fun and the time has definitely flown. Somehow I’ve introduced you to 4 new babies, moved 3 times, finished university, and probably overshared my personal thoughts and feelings more than twice. So, I’m not getting particularly introspective about how else I could have spent all that time snapping photos of my favourite foods between kids sneaking bites, or those evenings of blessed silence with a glass of wine, on the couch typing. We all need a creative outlet, and I’m no good at sewing or drawing, so here I still am.
Still no good at consistent meal planning, though. But the past two months have been good ones, and meal plans really are the bees’ knees. I look forward to cooking so much more when there’s a plan, and I’m much more likely to try new recipes when I’m not deciding what to make at 4:30 pm.
Last month I tried about 10 new dinner recipes, and at least 8 of them were winners! These chicken thighs were the one I tested out on my parents (bold move, me) when they were visiting, and we all agreed they were headed for the make-again list.
Recipes like this are the best…you can prep them early in the day, and make a spare while you’re at it for the freezer. This is barely adapted from that Seriously Good Freezer Meal cookbook I told you about – I have been making SO many recipes from it, it’s definitely a welcome addition to my kitchen! I love finding new, easy ways to cook chicken, and thighs happen to be my favourite cut. These are tender, juicy and full of flavour, and you’re going to love ’em.
Whether you’re new or old to the blog, thanks for reading <3
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 6-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, herbs, salt & pepper. Add chicken thighs and toss gently to coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours, or bake immediately.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish and line the bottom with the sliced onion. Place chicken thighs, skin side up, on onions and pour any extra marinade over top. Bake for 50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
*Adapted from Seriously Good Freezer Meals, by Karrie Truman