Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!
I have so much to be thankful for … so much I am thankful for.
Here are just a handful of those things.
1) This happy little face, every day. If I could’ve taken a picture that captured him sleeping through the night last night, I would have. It made me love him even more.
2) This face.
Oh wait, the other side. THIS is the face, when we understand each other. I don’t know if any person can ever love me as much as this little man does; his intensity is both endearing and overwhelming.
3) This face, and the sweet heart and abundance of personal flair attached to it.
4) This face, ever-so-focused on building perfect reversible train tracks. His intensity is also endearing.
The willingness of that last face to put up with all kinds of abuse in the name of letting Mom get dinner ready. With Theo, it’s always hammer time.
5) Old friends, who are always the best company, and who welcome you into their home like family.
And old friends who know exactly what little things will make you smile and your heart swell when you need it most.
6) FALL. The cool, crisp weather has been amazing, the colours are stunning, and I could spend all day outside on days like these.
Of course, there are so many other things…some of the things we’re most thankful for just aren’t things we take enough pictures of, or things we can’t take pictures of. My parents, my 4 sisters and their husbands, children with healthy bodies and minds, my in-law family, education, evidence of the Spirit at work in my children’s hearts, colour, enough energy for every day, friends, church community, abundant food, clothing, and shelter…I could go on literally for days.
What are you thinking of with the most thankfulness this year? For me, the top of my list is health, something I take for granted all-too-often, despite constant reminders of it’s fragility, both mental and physical. I pray I never forget where all good things come from, and strive to give thanks to the greatest giver every day, not just on Thanksgiving weekend.
Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving no matter what He has placed in your life on this day, and praying for all of us the strength to truly trust and give thanks in all circumstances for His saving grace and power.