Last week I bought a sports bra that literally cost more than any single item in my closet.
Aside from the fact that this may indicate a need for purchasing higher quality clothes, it was Worth. Every. Penny.
(With the phasing out of the penny in Canada, can I still say that? Or is is “Worth every nickel”? I am unprepared for this cultural shift.)
Regardless, bring on the jumping jacks and burpees, boot camp, these girls are goin’ NOwhere.
And while I’m out jumping around, could someone please whip up these potatoes?
I promise things don’t get any easier than this. Unless you’re making ice cubes – seriously, take the time to check out that link and read the comments, the first one is my favourite.
Maximum flavour, minimum effort. I think that should be my new slogan because really, 95% of the time, that’s exactly how I roll. I like to eat significantly more than I like to cook, truth be told, so recipes like this are the way we eat most nights. I think you’ll love ’em :)
What’s your go-to easy recipe for a busy weeknight?
- Small new potatoes, scrubbed clean
- Salt and pepper
- Herbs/seasonings of your choice
- Clean potatoes and put in a saucepan. Cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and boil gently until tender and easy to stab with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
- Drain water and toss potatoes with a generous amount of butter (they should look very shiny), salt and pepper, and your favourite herbs or spice mix. I love chives and garlic, or rosemary and thyme.
- Thread onto skewers and place on heated BBQ for 5-8 minutes, turning once, till skins are crisp. (Make ahead: up to 1 day in advance, boil and season potatoes, thread onto skewers and place, covered, in the fridge until you need them. Barbecue until heated through).
amy @ fearless homemaker says
Ooh, these look SO fantastic! I’m such a sucker for potatoes and I know I’d love these. YUM!
Jen @JuanitasCocina says
I may need that sports bra recommendation. lol!
Also, these are now going on my list of “things I must bbq”.
Haha, it’s “Under Armour” brand, love it!
Will definitely try these. I love baby potatoes…especially fresh from the garden :)