Who doesn’t love Rice Krispies?
Ooooooo, OOOhhh, oooh, pick me, pick meeee! (*waves hands over head*)
But wait, what’s that you say? You’ve put them into square form and added peanut butter and chocolate?
And, obviously, pop.
I’ll eat that.
It’s the strange truth: Rice Krispies in milk give me the gaggies, but they are a such a wonderful addition to so many baked and unbaked treats, they just have to be a pantry staple. Just don’t let them set eyes on the milk.
If you need one more quick holiday recipe to add to your stock, these are a perfect quick no-bake treat that you probably have all the ingredients for, saving a trip to the craziness that is the stores at this time of year! These treats were a regular feature in my childhood and now make regular appearances all year long at our house and are always popular. I think most people have had a variation of these squares at some point in their lives – were they part of your childhood too? Funny how some things just never go out of style.
If only the same could be said for stirrup pants.
Happy Saturday, friends! Thanks so much for stopping by :)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter or peanut butter
- Line a 9″x9” or 8″x11″ baking pan with foil, extending foil slightly over edges.
- In a large saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanut butter until melted. (It only takes a couple of minutes to melt.)
- Remove from heat and add cereal, stirring until combined. Press into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter on medium power in the microwave, stirring after every 30-45 seconds. Spread melted chocolate over cereal mixture.
- Chill about 30 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Lift squares out of pan with foil. Peel off foil and cut into squares.