So, talk to me about bike shorts.
My hubby is a road biking fan, but only recently took the commitment level up to official padded-bottom spandex bike shorts. I’m a little disconcerted when he walks around the house in them and suddenly has a bum nicer than mine. What’s next – a spandex bike shirt with built in six-pack?
He’s gonna need the built-in six-pack if we keep eating apples in this format.
I recently hosted a birthday party for a dear friend, and cream cheese apple dip was on the menu. Since I still had some chocolate cream cheese in my fridge, I decided to kick it up a notch, because what isn’t better with chocolate? Combined with just a few other ingredients, this is way too easy and sure to be a hit with any crowd, young or old. My kids love dipping their apples in everything from peanut butter to Nutella to caramel, and this combo is their (and my) new favourite.
You can enjoy a huge variety of dippers in this, from graham crackers to vanilla wafers to strawberries…so many things! Since I was making 12 other things, I stuck with just apples, but I didn’t hear any complaints :)
I love apples, I love dipping things, and I love chocolate. If you feel similarly, this is a must-make. It keeps in the fridge really well too, so it’s a great party food to make ahead, or something to make and have handy all week for that good ol’ apple a day! This will totally keep the doctor away.
- ½ cup chocolate cream cheese spread
- ¼ cup plain cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (aka icing sugar / confectioner's sugar)
- ½ cup toffee pieces, such as Skor
- Blend cream cheeses and butter until very smooth. Add icing sugar and blend to combine. Stir in toffee pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 1½ cups of dip.
- Serve with apples, or your favourite dippers such as strawberries, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, animal crackers, or pretzels.